I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Saturday, November 13, 2010

An informative speech

Last week in Speech class we were all to give informative speeches, and I decided to inform my audience about adoption.  It took a ton of work to put all of that together.  Public speaking is not my forté, and although I love the class (Mrs. Watson is a fabulous professor) I still dread the speeches. 

Praise the Lord, it went fairly well -- though I spoke too fast.  Mrs. Watson had us taped while we spoke, then we were to go to her office and evaluate ourselves.  I couldn't believe that I was still speaking so fast... and I had even slowed down from the rate at which I gave my first speech!  Watching oneself speak is rather odd...

Anyway, the point of this post is to show you the picture that I put on the PowerPoint presentation that I used for my speech.  Several of the families at the church I attend here (Grace Covenant) have adopted children, and I asked if could use some of them as my subjects for arousing the attention of my audience.  Here I am with Titus-John (on the left), Jacob (on my lap), and Silas (on the right).

Just in case you were wondering, Titus-John and Silas are biological brothers, and all three of them are brothers by adoption.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment