I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Exploring a piece of land

Last Saturday morning I got a phone call from Mrs. Shackelford, asking if I wanted them to take me to a bonfire/hayride/get-together that another family from church was hosting.  After plotting out how I could still accomplish all my homework, I decided that yes, I could afford to take the afternoon off.  I'm so glad that I did.  :-)

On the way to the get-together we stopped at a piece of land that the Shackelford's are considering buying.  It is over 150 acres, comprised of field and forest with a spring-fed creek running through the middle of the property.

I found it very interesting to explore.  The creek reminded me of Grandmother and Granddaddy's property, but the surrounding trees were oak and other hardwoods instead of the pines that Grandmother and Granddaddy have.  It was so beautiful and relaxing.

Silas got a little too adventuresome... and found himself "stuck" in the middle of the water.  Don't worry... he was wearing boots.  :-)

One in the arms and one running ahead!

"Let's see... how can we get Titus-John across this section...   If I throw him across, will you catch him?"

A quiet little waterfall.  It's only about 1 foot across, but just that amount of running water makes peaceful gurgling sounds as it runs its way downstream.

After coming out of the river, we explored one of the fields a little bit.  Thankfully it's cold enough that there weren't any chiggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment