I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Saturday, November 13, 2010

A delightful afternoon/evening

We were one of the first families to arrive at the get-together.  The first thing I did was go into the house and work on accounting for awhile, because Mrs. Shackelford had said that no one would mind if I took some homework to do during the afternoon.  When I got to a stopping point I packed everything up and happily headed outside to join the festivities.

Mr. Hauseal had prepared some group games.  First they did a sack race -- two sack races, actually.  The older peoples competed against each other, then the littler peoples competed.  These were the kiddos, doing a mixture of a sack race and a three-legged race.  I'd never heard of this idea before, but they had a blast!

There were also several competitions of tug-of-war.

And everyone's favorite: the egg toss!

Watch carefully...  Don't let it bust...  

I went on the first hayride.  Later, after supper, he took people on another round, but I wanted to stay by the fire at that point.  ;-)
During the ride one of the girls who lives on the property gave us the tour guide's interpretation of all the landmarks we passed.  When there wasn't anything to be explained, we sang silly songs together.

The hayride was composed of a tractor pulling a trailer which was pulling a trailer.

Bonfires are such a wonderful part of fall weather.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun time being out there in
    (what looks like) a crisp afternoon. :)

    ReplyDelete