I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Monday, November 1, 2010
The finished product: Upper Shell and the Apartments
I was not very excited about how these two sections of the women's housing decorated, so I didn't get many pictures.
The Apartments
The apartment doors open to the outside parking lot, so they were given the stairway on the Shell side of the dorms to decorate. Their theme was "Beauty and the Beast."
All the little white circles on the wall are paper plates with pictures of professors and faculty members. That was what I found really odd about these decorations: they used not-so-professional looking pictures, and even stuck some people's faces on characters from the movie. It seemed a little disrespectful to me.
The rose was pretty, though!
Upper Shell
Upper Shell's theme was "The Little Mermaid." All of the girls had printed out pictures of their faces, and most of them had drawn a mermaid body to go with their face. I didn't think that pictures of mermaids would be appropriate on my blog... but one girl did make herself an octopus. :-)
And this was the end of their hallway.
I'm not sure when we'll be able to take all these decorations down. Of course they had to be up for Homecoming and Parents' Day, which was last Saturday, but some of these things are starting to get in the way. :-} Also, we taped too much stuff to the paper on our walls and some of it was coming down on its own initiative.
The problem is that some people don't want to take them down, because of all the work that was involved, and I don't blame them. It's amazing what you can do with creativity and some supplies!
The Apartments
The apartment doors open to the outside parking lot, so they were given the stairway on the Shell side of the dorms to decorate. Their theme was "Beauty and the Beast."
All the little white circles on the wall are paper plates with pictures of professors and faculty members. That was what I found really odd about these decorations: they used not-so-professional looking pictures, and even stuck some people's faces on characters from the movie. It seemed a little disrespectful to me.
The rose was pretty, though!
Upper Shell
Upper Shell's theme was "The Little Mermaid." All of the girls had printed out pictures of their faces, and most of them had drawn a mermaid body to go with their face. I didn't think that pictures of mermaids would be appropriate on my blog... but one girl did make herself an octopus. :-)
And this was the end of their hallway.
I'm not sure when we'll be able to take all these decorations down. Of course they had to be up for Homecoming and Parents' Day, which was last Saturday, but some of these things are starting to get in the way. :-} Also, we taped too much stuff to the paper on our walls and some of it was coming down on its own initiative.
The problem is that some people don't want to take them down, because of all the work that was involved, and I don't blame them. It's amazing what you can do with creativity and some supplies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment