I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fall Break in Clinton

Friday, October 22, was Fall Break at Williams.  There is a student here on campus who lives in the same town as Grandmother and Granddaddy, and I hitched a ride with him to spend the weekend with Grandmother and Granddaddy.  That was so wonderful!  I did have to take homework, but was able to find a good balance of working and enjoying time with them. 

Both Will and I got out of class early Thursday afternoon, so we packed up and headed out around 2:30.  That meant we arrived in Clinton at about 5 o'clock.  Grandmother, Granddaddy and I (and Gigi!) spent the evening relaxing together.

Friday morning Grandmother and I went out to walk the trail.  It had been awhile since anyone walked it, so there were lots of sticks and branches to clear off of the pathway.  Gigi went with us, of course.  :-)  She would get distracted and lag behind, until we called her to come catch up with us.  Then she would generally tear herself away from whatever she was sniffing out and run ahead.

It's sad...  They haven't had rain in a long time, and Blue Hole looked miserable.

I've always loved this little passageway created by two rocks on either side of the trail.  Grandmother took this picture for me.

Towards the end of the mile you could tell Gigi was getting tired: she didn't run ahead of us anymore.

When we got back to the house we left Gigi with Granddaddy and went to town.  We had to get our "Wal-Mart fix," you know.  :-)

That evening, as we were sitting in the den reading/doing homework, Granddaddy mentioned he felt like getting a little snack.  The problem is, he can't get a snack without Gigi pestering him for her part.  Eventually he decided it was worth the bother and headed to the kitchen.  Sure enough -- as soon as Gigi heard him rustling around in there, she made a bee-line to join him.  When they got back to the den she planted herself firmly in front of his chair, looking up expectantly at him.  :-)  You wouldn't think she's spoiled, would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment