I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Repairing the front porch steps

Not long ago Granddaddy had the front steps covered with tile.  For whatever reason, that tile did not weather the elements well at all.  It was cracking and getting dangerous to walk on.  The weekend I was there Granddaddy had contracted with a friend to redo the concrete, so the front steps were a mess.  You generally have to make a mess when you're in the process of cleaning up.  :-) 

I must say that the front of the house looked very strange; I hadn't seen the process of laying down the tile, so to see it all torn up was new to me. 

They had to replace some of the bricks as well, I guess.

Here's a close-up of some of the work.

Of course they had to take off the rails to be able to work on the concrete, and those looked really odd set off to the side.

Looks a little bit like a roller-coaster!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment