I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Friday, October 22, 2010
Tarkeena Lasaraleen (aka Moppet)
We have now acquired a new cat -- a kitten, to be precise. When she arrived on the Friday night before Debra's wedding, Dandelion (our current cat) threw a conniption fit. :-D She has been the queen of the roost for many years, but now her authority is going to be challenged by an uppity kitten.
I don't know... maybe they'll be able to work out their differences. We can always hope...
Before they even got the cat, my younger family members had already picked out two names: one for a girl and one for a boy. Juli brought the kitten from the Daniels' house to the wedding rehearsal on Friday afternoon, and that was when they finally found out that she was a girl. So they dubbed her Tarkeena Lasaraleen.
The problem? She's not anything like a Tarkeena. :-) So they adopted Moppet as her new name.
However, before I left on Saturday night, they were debating a third name. It was the name of some famous composer (sounded Russian) but not one with which I am familiar so I can't remember it off the top of my head.
The long and short of it is, I don't know what this kitten's name is at the present moment. :-D
Whatever her name is, she certainly lives up to the reputation of her mother: she is very active and pert, without any apparent shyness or uncertainty about her new environment. There's nothing like having a kitten around to get a few laughs.
In Laurie's lap...
... being distracted by the funny noises Mrs. Lett was making...
Isn't she pretty? And she sort-of looks like Dandelion. I wish I had a picture of the latter, so you could see the two together (on the screen only).
Well, here's a picture of her mother Callie (Aspen's cat):
And I do have a picture of Dandelion's back. :-) She flattens herself like a fur rug when there are birds on the birdfeeder outside the sliding glass door.
Their colors are similar, but Dandelion definitely has longer hair. And she is... how can I put it gently... much more padded than the kitten. :-D
I don't know... maybe they'll be able to work out their differences. We can always hope...
Before they even got the cat, my younger family members had already picked out two names: one for a girl and one for a boy. Juli brought the kitten from the Daniels' house to the wedding rehearsal on Friday afternoon, and that was when they finally found out that she was a girl. So they dubbed her Tarkeena Lasaraleen.
The problem? She's not anything like a Tarkeena. :-) So they adopted Moppet as her new name.
However, before I left on Saturday night, they were debating a third name. It was the name of some famous composer (sounded Russian) but not one with which I am familiar so I can't remember it off the top of my head.
The long and short of it is, I don't know what this kitten's name is at the present moment. :-D
Whatever her name is, she certainly lives up to the reputation of her mother: she is very active and pert, without any apparent shyness or uncertainty about her new environment. There's nothing like having a kitten around to get a few laughs.
In Laurie's lap...
... being distracted by the funny noises Mrs. Lett was making...
Isn't she pretty? And she sort-of looks like Dandelion. I wish I had a picture of the latter, so you could see the two together (on the screen only).
Well, here's a picture of her mother Callie (Aspen's cat):
And I do have a picture of Dandelion's back. :-) She flattens herself like a fur rug when there are birds on the birdfeeder outside the sliding glass door.
Their colors are similar, but Dandelion definitely has longer hair. And she is... how can I put it gently... much more padded than the kitten. :-D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment