I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Friday, October 22, 2010
Bonfire at White Oak Baptist Church
I've been attending the Wednesday night Bible study at a nearby Baptist church, because the first time that I went I was really encouraged and invigorated by the teaching that was brought. I went every Wednesday since then, which has basically been the whole semester. We are studying the book of 1 Corinthians, focusing on how we are to work towards unity in the church.
A couple of Wednesdays ago, however, Dr. Foster (who teaches the Bible study) did something different. Instead of teaching from 1 Corinthians, he organized a bonfire with hot dogs and marshmallows to roast over the coals.
I prefer the Bible study, but I think that a lot of people really enjoyed the bonfire. And it's not that I didn't like the bonfire -- it's just that there wasn't any deep teaching. It was lovely to stand by the fire and get warm. :-)
Pictures of fires, taken without flash, can be very original. :-D
While we stood around our little bonfires, there were bigger fires burning off on the horizon. The farmers around here burn their rice fields after the harvest, to get rid of all the stalks and add nutrients to the soil. The aggravating thing is that, even when there is a burn ban on and you aren't allowed to have a bonfire, they can still get a permit to burn their fields. :-P
A couple of Wednesdays ago, however, Dr. Foster (who teaches the Bible study) did something different. Instead of teaching from 1 Corinthians, he organized a bonfire with hot dogs and marshmallows to roast over the coals.
I prefer the Bible study, but I think that a lot of people really enjoyed the bonfire. And it's not that I didn't like the bonfire -- it's just that there wasn't any deep teaching. It was lovely to stand by the fire and get warm. :-)
Pictures of fires, taken without flash, can be very original. :-D
While we stood around our little bonfires, there were bigger fires burning off on the horizon. The farmers around here burn their rice fields after the harvest, to get rid of all the stalks and add nutrients to the soil. The aggravating thing is that, even when there is a burn ban on and you aren't allowed to have a bonfire, they can still get a permit to burn their fields. :-P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment