I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Friday, September 17, 2010

Various events at WBC

On Thursday, September 2nd, I was very busy in the evening.  First I went to the girls' volleyball game, then directly after that I had a Life Group meeting.
I think that it was the first "official" volleyball game I've ever attended.  Sports are not one of my interests, but I wanted to attend the game since I hadn't participated in the Mega Relay.  WBC won, hands down.  I felt a little sorry for the visiting team...

My first Saturday here was very leisurely.  My roommate didn't get up when I did, so when I had read my Bible and eaten some breakfast (the cafeteria doesn't serve breakfast on Saturday morning) I took my history book and went to find a place to read.  I didn't get very far into the book, though.  :-}  I messed around with my camera for so long trying to get this picture that I only read a couple of pages before my roommate called and asked if I wanted to join her on a walk.  But hey!  I have a picture of my on my blog.  :-D

Here are pictures of some of the buildings on campus:
The Maddox Fine Arts Center, where the music department is.  The classes I take in here are Speech, Choral, and Higher Learning.

This is outside the girls' dorm.  The arch-way you see covers a door that leads into the main lobby, which is often a gathering place for both girls and fellows.  Through a door on the right hand side of the public lobby is a private lobby (you have to use a key to get through that door) from which go the four hallways of rooms (two upper halls and two lower halls). 

I love this part of campus.  :-)  It is the Addie Mae Maddox Memorial Carillon, and at the top of the hour there is a recording that chimes the number of hours it is.  At six o'clock in the evening it plays a hymn; unfortunately, I'm not often out there at that time, so I haven't heard it very often.  :-(  But I love the bells.

I'm not sure if the thing on top is a real weather vane or not... 

No comments:

Post a Comment