I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Mega Relay

One of the activities that WBC put together for the freshmen was called the Mega Relay.  It was comprised of all the Life Groups competing against each other in a set of ridiculous exercises: a noodle spin, amoeba, hoola-hoop pass, and other things.  I chose not to participate, because it involved girls and boys getting too close in contact for my comfort.  I stood on the sidelines to cheer my team, hold people's keys, and take pictures.

I'm in Life Group 9.  Some of us couldn't make it, because of sports or other reasons, so we joined with another group in order to be able to do some of the exercises.

This was the first part of the race: the Amoeba.  All the girls had to group together with the fellows surrounding them, and they had to run that way to the center point.  Then they changed places -- girls on the outside, fellows inside -- to run back.

The Noodle Spin involved spinning around 10 with one's forehead held on a noodle, then running back to the group.

For the Hoola-Hoop Pass, the whole group held hands while they threaded the hoola-hoop from the top of the line to the end -- without letting go of each other.

I can't remember exactly what this one was called, but I know it had something to do with firemen.  Two fellows carried a girl to the center point, with one person running behind to provide support in case the fellows let go. 

This one was called Popsicle Sticks.  Four people had to form a square on top of each other, and do a push-up in that formation. 

Towards the end (I didn't get a good picture of all the exercises) they all had to line up and crawl through each others legs, starting at the back and going to the front.

For all that hard work, our group didn't end up winning.  Oh well!  The announcer made a big deal about telling everybody which Life Group won, but unfortunately I don't remember who did win.  *embarrassed smile* 

I think that most people had fun, which was the main point of the relay.  It was also supposed to help the freshmen learn to work together and get over being scared of each other.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. L'idée du cerceau me plaît beaucoup; je vais le faire faire à mes enfants! Super idée! Bises.

    ReplyDelete