I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Friday, September 17, 2010
Cupcake Boss
I think that I could handle college better if there were only the academic life, but as it is I am learning about student life as well. I shouldn't complain -- so far it hasn't kept me from being late on an assignment or having to stay up to midnight doing homework. Still, I sometimes feel like protesting: "You want me to be working on homework, right? So why do you keep organizing all these silly activites?!?"
Of course the answer is that these activities do help unite us and open us up to each other, and they also help me not to be too serious. The first group activity for the girls was held last Thursday night (the week before, not last night), when we all gathered in the public lobby to decorate cupcakes. The people who organized it called it Cupcake Boss, to avoid conflicts with TV shows. Apparently there are a couple of shows about decorating, called "Cake Boss" and "Cupcake Wars," so they just combined the two. :-)
I think that the cupcakes and icing came from the cafeteria, though I'm not sure. There were all kinds of choices for decorating: icing tubes in a multitude of colors, different tips, bowls of icing with knives for spreading, sprinkles, glitter, and spray colors (that was a new one on me -- it's like spray paint for cakes!).
Choices, choices, choices! We were supposed to get ours done in 15 minutes, so that the next group of girls could come in and do theirs. They organized it in waves so that we weren't over-crowded.
This is one of my suite-mates, Laure (pronounce that like "Laurie"). She's from France, as you can tell from her cupcake. :-) I thought that was very original.
And this is mine... Nothing fancy, and I didn't want a bunch of weird colors.
They judged each cupcake separately, then also chose a hall that did best overall. Here are all the ones from our hall, Lower West.
Our hall didn't win, but the person across the hall from me won for the best cupcake on our hall! Unfortunately I can't remember which one it was... so I can't tell you. :-D
Of course the answer is that these activities do help unite us and open us up to each other, and they also help me not to be too serious. The first group activity for the girls was held last Thursday night (the week before, not last night), when we all gathered in the public lobby to decorate cupcakes. The people who organized it called it Cupcake Boss, to avoid conflicts with TV shows. Apparently there are a couple of shows about decorating, called "Cake Boss" and "Cupcake Wars," so they just combined the two. :-)
I think that the cupcakes and icing came from the cafeteria, though I'm not sure. There were all kinds of choices for decorating: icing tubes in a multitude of colors, different tips, bowls of icing with knives for spreading, sprinkles, glitter, and spray colors (that was a new one on me -- it's like spray paint for cakes!).
Choices, choices, choices! We were supposed to get ours done in 15 minutes, so that the next group of girls could come in and do theirs. They organized it in waves so that we weren't over-crowded.
This is one of my suite-mates, Laure (pronounce that like "Laurie"). She's from France, as you can tell from her cupcake. :-) I thought that was very original.
And this is mine... Nothing fancy, and I didn't want a bunch of weird colors.
They judged each cupcake separately, then also chose a hall that did best overall. Here are all the ones from our hall, Lower West.
Our hall didn't win, but the person across the hall from me won for the best cupcake on our hall! Unfortunately I can't remember which one it was... so I can't tell you. :-D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment