I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Reagan's Arrow of Light

First of all, I must offer an apology to those who are more familiar with Boy Scouting than I am.  I understand and am extremely proud of Reagan for his accomplishments, but I could not tell you with accuracy all the things that he earned and their proper sequence!

Be that as it may, a couple of Mondays ago all of us went with Reagan and Daddy to their weekly Scout meeting.  It was the last meeting for this troop, as the location at which they were meeting will no longer be able to host them, so there were lots of awards to hand out.

Reagan himself got quite a handful of belt loops and pins.

After handing out all the various badges to the boys, Mr. Merschelle pretended as if that was it for the evening.  But it wasn't -- Reagan had earned his Arrow of Light, and you couldn't fool him into thinking that the evening was over!

(Please pardon the bad quality of the pictures; my camera does not do well at taking pictures in the dark.)

Mr. Merschelle had someone turn off the lights, then as he read through the steps of Cub Scouting he lit a candle for represented each stage of process.

Then Mama, Daddy, and Reagan all got to go up and stand with him next to the table.

I believe that it was Daddy who got to pin on the special Arrow of Light, but Reagan also got to pin something on Mama (I forget what it was now....)

And of course, in Scouts everything has to end with a hand shake.  :-)

Before we left I got some pictures of Reagan with a friend (a Eagle Scout) who had been able to attend, some pictures of him with Daddy, and also Reagan and Daddy with Mr. Merschelle (the troop leader).

Congratulations, Buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment