Jacob Apodaca is one of Rachel's students, and he is actually the main reason that I had decided that I wanted to go. On the Wednesdays leading up to the recital he would ask, "Do you think you'll be able to come?" He played very well.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Monday, May 31, 2010
Two recitals
The first recital was for the students of one of my dear friends from church. Actually, most of the students also go to our church as well. :-) So we knew almost all of them! Rachel had put together an evening of celebrating the Lord with hymns, and instead of each person performing individually (which can tend to take a long time) she grouped them together in duets, triplets, and even larger groups. I enjoyed watching all her students, listening to them perform, and marveling at the different playing techniques that different people have.
This was the Youngblood trio: Kristin, Christopher, and Jennifer.
Jacob Apodaca is one of Rachel's students, and he is actually the main reason that I had decided that I wanted to go. On the Wednesdays leading up to the recital he would ask, "Do you think you'll be able to come?" He played very well.
******************************************************************
The second recital (just a few days later!) was for Reagan and Heidi. They are the only ones in our household taking piano lessons at the moment (how can that be?).
Interestingly, their teacher's emphasis this year was also on duets. Her theme for the evening was "Just Du-et!" Every student played a solo, but then was also coupled with another student on the same skill level to play another piece. There was even one trio.
Here is Heidi, performing her solo. She played a Sonatina (I'm not writing this from home; otherwise I would go digging through her music pile to get you a little more information about this piece...).
And Reagan, taking a bow with his partner after they played "A Little Bit of Bach" (sort-of a medley of some of Bach's famous compositions).
Per tradition, after the recital we went out for ice cream. This time Daddy chose to take us to Freddy's Frozen Custard.
A sweet ending to a great performance! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun! I can't wait to spend more time with you and your family
ReplyDeleteI have awarded you!
ReplyDelete