I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Friday, November 19, 2010
A Masquerade Party
Last Saturday I got a surprise, last-minute call from the Shackelford's inviting me to go with them to a party put on by another family from church. I almost didn't go, but I'm glad I changed my mind! It was a delightful evening of fun and fellowship, plus I got my hair trimmed. :-) One of the Shackelfords is attending beauty school, and loves to cut hair. ;-)
When I got the call, however, I was not informed that it was a masquerade party. I didn't find that out until I walked into the Shackelford's house, and Mr. Shackelford came down the stairs wearing a kilt and holding a sword. I didn't say anything, thinking "Maybe he just randomly likes to wear kilts...." But then one of the little fellows came tearing around the corner in an Iron-Man suit, and I knew that something was up. :-) It didn't matter that I had "normal" clothes on; some of the others were dressing up either. Silas did ask me about it in the van on the way over there, though.
Ms. Menard, who hosted the party, had organized a competition where each person was supposed to vote for which costume they thought was the best for 4 or 5 different categories. She also planned a game of musical chairs for the little ones, which was fun to watch. I got a few pictures of the game (sorry they're kind-of poor quality).
I think this little girl was an Egyptian princess.
And the last two contestants!
Mr. Shackelford thanked everyone for coming out, and prayed before we all left.
When I got the call, however, I was not informed that it was a masquerade party. I didn't find that out until I walked into the Shackelford's house, and Mr. Shackelford came down the stairs wearing a kilt and holding a sword. I didn't say anything, thinking "Maybe he just randomly likes to wear kilts...." But then one of the little fellows came tearing around the corner in an Iron-Man suit, and I knew that something was up. :-) It didn't matter that I had "normal" clothes on; some of the others were dressing up either. Silas did ask me about it in the van on the way over there, though.
Ms. Menard, who hosted the party, had organized a competition where each person was supposed to vote for which costume they thought was the best for 4 or 5 different categories. She also planned a game of musical chairs for the little ones, which was fun to watch. I got a few pictures of the game (sorry they're kind-of poor quality).
I think this little girl was an Egyptian princess.
And the last two contestants!
Mr. Shackelford thanked everyone for coming out, and prayed before we all left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment