I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Rain boots
Williams Baptist College is surrounded by rice fields, seeing as rice is one of the main products that this region produces. Rice needs a lot of water to grow. Therefore, all the land around here is very low. It doesn't have to rain much for there to be puddles everywhere -- on the sidewalks and roads as well as in the grass. My assigned roommate had told me that it would be worthwhile investing in a pair of rain boots, and the first week that I was here I found out how right she was!
I didn't get around to getting a pair until just recently, however. I did go shopping at a shoe store in Jonesboro, but didn't find a pattern that I liked well enough. What was helpful about shopping at a store was being able to figure out what size I am (in boots).
Once I could be sure what size to order (I figured that boot sizes run fairly consistent) I wasn't concerned about ordering a pair from the internet. In general, I do not order clothes or shoes online because I have had to send back almost everything I've ordered. I am one of those people who has to personally try on the item to be sure that it will work.
As I said, though, I wasn't worried about ordering boots. That meant I could shop around for an attractive design at a decent price. You wouldn't believe how expensive rain boots can be... nor how many crazy designs people have invented...
The fun thing about ordering them online was that it meant I received a "You have a package" slip in my post office box. :-) That's always exciting! And I was so happy when I got back to my room with them, opened the bag, tried them on, and found that they are very comfortable.
This is what they look like: the front and sides...
...and a close-up of the design (umbrellas and polka-dots).
I'm sure some of you may be wondering what on earth possessed me to buy such flashy boots, but believe me -- these are tame in comparison to some designs that are out there!
The "problem" is that since I received them the weather has been absolutely gorgeous and it hasn't rained a drop... :-D
I didn't get around to getting a pair until just recently, however. I did go shopping at a shoe store in Jonesboro, but didn't find a pattern that I liked well enough. What was helpful about shopping at a store was being able to figure out what size I am (in boots).
Once I could be sure what size to order (I figured that boot sizes run fairly consistent) I wasn't concerned about ordering a pair from the internet. In general, I do not order clothes or shoes online because I have had to send back almost everything I've ordered. I am one of those people who has to personally try on the item to be sure that it will work.
As I said, though, I wasn't worried about ordering boots. That meant I could shop around for an attractive design at a decent price. You wouldn't believe how expensive rain boots can be... nor how many crazy designs people have invented...
The fun thing about ordering them online was that it meant I received a "You have a package" slip in my post office box. :-) That's always exciting! And I was so happy when I got back to my room with them, opened the bag, tried them on, and found that they are very comfortable.
This is what they look like: the front and sides...
...and a close-up of the design (umbrellas and polka-dots).
I'm sure some of you may be wondering what on earth possessed me to buy such flashy boots, but believe me -- these are tame in comparison to some designs that are out there!
The "problem" is that since I received them the weather has been absolutely gorgeous and it hasn't rained a drop... :-D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the boots! How fun - and practical! :)
ReplyDeleteElles ont jolies, tes bottes. Mais ce qui compte, c'est que tu sois bien dedans!! :-D !!
ReplyDelete