I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Saturday, June 19, 2010
I promise, I'm still alive!
Dear all --
My apologies for the long silence... We left Cedar Park a couple of Fridays ago, traveled to Dallas, spent the night, then drove up to Arkansas on Saturday. We spent almost a whole week at my mom's parents' house up there. Wow, did we get a lot of work done! Both Grandmother and Granddaddy had lists of work for us to accomplish, and we were able to knock out just about all of it. I'll be posting some pictures about it later.
But for now, I just wanted to let you know that I am still alive and well. :-) Right now we're at my grandparents' house in Dallas again, and we'll be driving home today.
I wanted to share a Scripture verse that was encouraging/convicting to me this week:
He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city. Proverbs 16:32
It was a good reminder to me that when I am getting frustrated at someone or something, I am not ruling my spirit. I cannot say that I lived according to this verse all week, unfortunately, but God still used it to speak to me.
I pray that you have a blessed weekend and Lord's Day!
My apologies for the long silence... We left Cedar Park a couple of Fridays ago, traveled to Dallas, spent the night, then drove up to Arkansas on Saturday. We spent almost a whole week at my mom's parents' house up there. Wow, did we get a lot of work done! Both Grandmother and Granddaddy had lists of work for us to accomplish, and we were able to knock out just about all of it. I'll be posting some pictures about it later.
But for now, I just wanted to let you know that I am still alive and well. :-) Right now we're at my grandparents' house in Dallas again, and we'll be driving home today.
I wanted to share a Scripture verse that was encouraging/convicting to me this week:
He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city. Proverbs 16:32
It was a good reminder to me that when I am getting frustrated at someone or something, I am not ruling my spirit. I cannot say that I lived according to this verse all week, unfortunately, but God still used it to speak to me.
I pray that you have a blessed weekend and Lord's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment