I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Contemplation
Wow, have I been doing a lot of things this week. But that's what I like -- to stay busy. :-)
I won't take much time to write tonight, but I wanted to share a quote from the book I am currently reading. I am reading Tortured for Christ, by Richard Wurmbrand (the founder of the mission organization Voice of the Martyrs).
"God will judge us not according to how much we endured, but how much we could love."
That is encouraging for me to remember, as I live in a multitude of material blessings. I should not think that the absence of torture and persecution in my life makes me less of a sincere Christian, or that somehow I am missing out on something important. God has a plan for each of our lives, and calls us to be faithful to display His love in whatever He gives us to accomplish.
"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39
I won't take much time to write tonight, but I wanted to share a quote from the book I am currently reading. I am reading Tortured for Christ, by Richard Wurmbrand (the founder of the mission organization Voice of the Martyrs).
"God will judge us not according to how much we endured, but how much we could love."
That is encouraging for me to remember, as I live in a multitude of material blessings. I should not think that the absence of torture and persecution in my life makes me less of a sincere Christian, or that somehow I am missing out on something important. God has a plan for each of our lives, and calls us to be faithful to display His love in whatever He gives us to accomplish.
"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment