I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sailing!

During Spring Break, Daddy took off one day to spend on Lake Travis.  Grandmother and Granddaddy were in town, so during the morning they got to go sailing with Uncle James, Aunt Zarella, Ryan, Mama, and the "crew" (Gretchen, Reagan, and Heidi).  During the afternoon Juli, Debra, and I got our chance to hit the open seas.  The crew and Daddy stayed on all day.
Daddy rented one of the big boats.  :-)

He and the crew worked together to cast off.  Here is Reagan, pulling in the bumpers (they keep the boat from getting damaged against the dock when you are at port).

Between tacks, the crew took a much enjoyed lunch break.

Juli at the wheel

Sailing is such hard work....

Avast there!  Look out for that "cannon" shooting over the port deck!  (Too bad her's is actually a Fugi...)

Life is so hard...

What mischief is that crew cooking up, down there in the hold?

Juli, Debra and I had to leave mid-afternoon, so Daddy let us off at the dock.  While he was there he took the opportunity to make do some clean-up and check around the boat.

Although there hadn't been much wind in the afternoon, we still all greatly enjoyed ourselves!

1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures! They make me want to try out my sea legs myself.

    ReplyDelete