I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Candidate forum

Last night Mama, Daddy, Juli and I went to a candidate forum hosted by the Georgetown home school group.  Fourteen candidates for the Republican primary either came or sent representatives.  I found it very educational, in that now I know a little bit more about the people whose names I will see on the ballot in March.  A side consequence is that now I know even more about the importance of courteous and refined rhetoric.  It was interesting to note that many of them toned their speeches to what they knew their audience would want to hear (support of/tolerance for home schoolers).  Politics is a very complicated subject....  But I was glad I went!

2 comments:

  1. Je n'ai pas compris grand chose, mais quand est-ce que ça s'est passé ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was also fascinating to hear the difference between those who have never held office in the arena in which they are running, and those who have (i.e., those who have had experience were much more judicious/less dogmatic in their answers). :-)

    ReplyDelete