I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Decoration of a sugar cookie house


One of the ladies at our church has a tradition of inviting each family over to her house to decorate sugar cookie houses in the month of December.  The recipe is some traditional European cookie, not the gingerbread that our family is more familiar with, but the concept is the same. 
To share the work (and the fun!) she has each family bake its own cookies, then assemble it at her house.  Laurie put ours together the night before the youngs went over.


I got some secret pictures of the bare house, knowing that it would look much different in 24 hours!


Mrs. Huffstuttler supplies decorating tips and expertise, some extra decorative cookies, and all the goodies for decorating.


Of course half the fun is getting the time of fellowship.  :-)



Here's a close up of some detail work (putting up the fence).


I was actually not present, but sent my camera along with the decorators.  There were some interesting photos...  Here's the best one I could find of the finished project.



And some proud builders!

 I guess that Gretchen took the picture; otherwise she would have been in it too.  The rest of us (besides Mama) were unable to attend the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment