I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I know it's a little late in the semester...

... but I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of what my dorm room here looks like.  Sorry for the delay!  In a way I'm glad it took me this long; over Thanksgiving break I had the opportunity to make snowflakes (Aunt Zarella helped me), which makes the room look so much brighter.  Cinder block walls are so.... well.... boring.  ;-)

Here is my "side" of the room.  I have my bed raised up as high as it can go, so that we could put the refrigerator and my drawers underneath.  That saves us floor space.  Besides, I like sleeping up high in the clouds.  :-)  Any time someone comes into our room for the first time, when they catch a glimpse of Muk (my feather comforter) they are draw over to my bed like a magnet.  "Do you sleep on top of it?"  No, I sleep under it...  :-D  I must admit that it looks as if I have two mattresses.

Rachel had considered raising her bed, too, but then decided against it.  She left it the way it had been when we had our beds bunked.

This is the sink, and our little door leading into the bathroom that we share with our suite-mates.  Our door is the smaller one of two rooms, because the shower is on the other side of it.  It's no more than 2 feet across -- maybe less! 

I took this picture standing at my desk, beside my bed, facing the door.  The white door with towels on it is our closet.

You can see a glimpse of this brown curtain in the picture above.  Behind the door is a set of shelves, and Rachel had this lovely brown curtain to put up over the shelves to hide all our miscellaneous food and books that we store there.  :-)   Although sometimes it's hard to get things off of the top shelves, I'm still glad to have the curtain -- it makes things much more tidy looking.  ;-)

Here is my desk, where I do most of my homework, computer work, Bible reading, card making, etc.  That big white thing is our air conditioning/heating unit.
And here is Rachel's desk.  She actually doesn't do homework there very often; she's one of those people who studies better away from her room. 

There's a glimpse of our comfy abode!

2 comments:

  1. Merci beaucoup pour ces photos, je suis vraiment contente de pouvoir voir où tu vis cette année.
    Gros bisous,
    Noémie

    ReplyDelete