I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Monday, December 27, 2010
Another year is dawning...
... in the life of Rebecca Schuttger, that is. Part of me thinks that it would be fun to forget my birthday some year, but my loving family won't let me do it. ;-)
And I had a lovely birthday today. I was able to get some quiet things done in the morning; Juli made a lovely lunch of French bread, hummus, and tzadziki; I received a lovely card from Heidi, a whetstone from Reagan, a card with a check from Grandmother and Granddaddy... I am so blessed.
My phone was quite busy, too: I received four calls! I missed three of them, so they had to leave messages, but I called them back. Kristin, the Apodaca's, and Debra all called me; then another friend called me later in the afternoon.
Juli and I went for a lovely walk after lunch, out in the woods. We passed the "logging crew" comprised of Daddy at the chainsaw, Laurie as "second saw," and Gretchen, Reagan, and Heidi as helpers.
Another thing I did the in afternoon was buy my textbooks for next semester. I'm looking forward to what my new classes will be like.
Then this evening we all gathered in the den and watched home videos of when Grandmother and Granddaddy were on the mission field, when Mama performed in piano recitals, and Uncle James had a weird habit of waving every time the camera was pointed at him. Oh, what places they went! Of course only the highlights were video-taped, but you got the impression that they were always on the move. The pictures were amazingly high quality for a camera that was such early technology (no sound).
So it's been a lovely day, spent with loving family in one of the most beautiful houses in Arkansas. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! :-)
And I had a lovely birthday today. I was able to get some quiet things done in the morning; Juli made a lovely lunch of French bread, hummus, and tzadziki; I received a lovely card from Heidi, a whetstone from Reagan, a card with a check from Grandmother and Granddaddy... I am so blessed.
My phone was quite busy, too: I received four calls! I missed three of them, so they had to leave messages, but I called them back. Kristin, the Apodaca's, and Debra all called me; then another friend called me later in the afternoon.
Juli and I went for a lovely walk after lunch, out in the woods. We passed the "logging crew" comprised of Daddy at the chainsaw, Laurie as "second saw," and Gretchen, Reagan, and Heidi as helpers.
Another thing I did the in afternoon was buy my textbooks for next semester. I'm looking forward to what my new classes will be like.
Then this evening we all gathered in the den and watched home videos of when Grandmother and Granddaddy were on the mission field, when Mama performed in piano recitals, and Uncle James had a weird habit of waving every time the camera was pointed at him. Oh, what places they went! Of course only the highlights were video-taped, but you got the impression that they were always on the move. The pictures were amazingly high quality for a camera that was such early technology (no sound).
So it's been a lovely day, spent with loving family in one of the most beautiful houses in Arkansas. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad you had a sweet day :)
ReplyDelete