I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Rebecca Nicole Apodaca

I'm giving you a warning ahead of time: I am making several posts today.  I am tired of being behind on my blog!  So just make sure that you see all the new ones.  I'll put something on my last post to let you know I'm finished.  :-)

I've been babysitting for a family from church on Wednesday mornings.  Mrs. Apodaca was due with her 5th in August, and I was so hoping that she would have the baby before I left.  The Wednesday before I left she still hadn't given birth.  I had basically given up the hope that I would see the new little one before leaving for Arkansas, because I was going to be gone all day Friday then leave early Saturday morning.  But praise the Lord, she delivered on Thursday evening!  Mr. Apodaca called me after dinner to let me know that I could come over if I wanted to see the baby, and of course I headed over there as soon as possible.

They hadn't had sonograms, so they didn't know what the gender of the baby would be.  There had been a bit of speculation, but no one knew for sure until she came out -- yes, it was a girl.  :-)  


Several of the Apodaca's family members had come to be there, including Mrs. Apodaca's mom.  I love home births -- they're so much more personal than hospital births.  :-)

Abby drifted up to the master bedroom at one point with Mr. Apodaca, so she got to hold her little sister.  She didn't seem to quite understand what it was all about (she's only 2, after all).  She wanted a drink of Mrs. Apodaca's water, but her dad told her that they would go downstairs to get a drink.  "Say goodbye to your little sister!" he told her as they were about to head about.  Abby, who talks 90 miles an hour, was still babbling about wanting a drink, but stopped all of a sudden with the interjection, "What sister?"  :-D

During most of the pregnancy the Apodaca's had discussed calling the baby Elizabeth if it was a girl, so I was assuming that was what her name would be.  I found out a couple of days later that they ended up not calling her Elizabeth.  Apparently there was some conflict in choosing that name, so they picked something else: Rebecca Nicole! 

1 comment: