I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Saturday, September 25, 2010
First Fair
Don't let the name confuse you: it doesn't mean the first fair of many, but simply that it is a fair held during the first couple of weeks of the semester. :-)
First Fair was held on Monday, September 13th, in the evening. It is a time for the businesses in the community to get to know the students of WBC and vice versa. Each business that wants to come gets a table in the gym. Most brought free candy, note pads, pens, etc. for students to pick up as they learned about the business, and many had drawings for students to enter and win prizes. Because of the free stuff *everyone* (slight exaggeration) loves First Fair. The gym was certainly crowded!
The majority of the tables represented banks and churches, but there were also several tables set up to inform students about services that WBC provides. My roommate helped set up the table advertising the Counseling Center; another table had the SGA (Student Government Association), who had a lot of prizes to give out.
Although I wasn't interested in the candy, popcorn, or other food stuffs, I did end up with a large bag of goodies!
Plus, the next day I found out that I had won something from the SGA table: a mug. This mug is special in that you can get unlimited drinks in the cafeteria and the Grill, and take them out of the eating areas. Unless you buy this mug (which costs $15) you can't do that. I definitely see it as a blessing! :-)
First Fair was held on Monday, September 13th, in the evening. It is a time for the businesses in the community to get to know the students of WBC and vice versa. Each business that wants to come gets a table in the gym. Most brought free candy, note pads, pens, etc. for students to pick up as they learned about the business, and many had drawings for students to enter and win prizes. Because of the free stuff *everyone* (slight exaggeration) loves First Fair. The gym was certainly crowded!
The majority of the tables represented banks and churches, but there were also several tables set up to inform students about services that WBC provides. My roommate helped set up the table advertising the Counseling Center; another table had the SGA (Student Government Association), who had a lot of prizes to give out.
Although I wasn't interested in the candy, popcorn, or other food stuffs, I did end up with a large bag of goodies!
Plus, the next day I found out that I had won something from the SGA table: a mug. This mug is special in that you can get unlimited drinks in the cafeteria and the Grill, and take them out of the eating areas. Unless you buy this mug (which costs $15) you can't do that. I definitely see it as a blessing! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment