I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm behind again....

... and I don't really have an excuse, except that life has been busy.  But is there anyone who doesn't have a busy life?

Another thing is that we really haven't done anything that I've wanted to photograph, so I don't have any new pictures to post.  But I suppose I could write a post without pictures... :-)

This last week has been different than normal weeks.  Last Thursday Mama took everyone to Dallas, leaving the house to Juli, Daddy and myself (and the cat).  On Friday she, Debra and Laurie flew out to Massachusetts, where they have been visiting friends.  Gretchen, Reagan and Heidi stayed with Grandma and Granddad for the week.  Therefore, it's been very quiet around here! 

The cat doesn't like it at all -- all her admirers are absent.  I do like to take care of her, but I don't like to sit with or pet her very often because she sheds so badly.  You can't touch her with your pinkie finger without getting hairs on you somewhere.  But last night I finally broke down and let her sit on my lap awhile... she sounded so forlorn and dejected.  :-)

I've basically been keeping my regular schedule, with a few twists added.  For example, this morning I substituted for someone at the Food Bank (my usual slot is Friday morning).  It's always interesting to go on a different day, work with other people, and see how the pantry operates on that different day.

Juli's main activity has been sewing, sewing, and more sewing!  She is making all the dresses for the ladies in Debra's bridal party.  Thankfully she was able to borrow a serger from a friend at church, so it's been going along fast.  And, of course, she loves to sew.  :-)  She also went to visit some friends one night, has been attending choir practice, reading various books, and working out in the garden.

Sunday was Daddy's day to lead singing at church, and since all the ones who usually like to play the piano were absent I got to do all of it!  That was a blessing...  I love to play the piano for church.  Not only do I enjoy playing, but it is always a good lesson of humility for me.

For breakfasts and lunches we've mostly done "each one to himself," because of our different schedules, but we did make an effort to do some new and exciting things at dinner time.  After all, there wasn't any call to be together all week without even seeing each other!  We've had lots of fish and seafood (hopefully the house will be aired out enough by the time Mama and Debra get back...), as well as opportunities to try some various recipes that Juli and I have been wanting to taste, but which we knew would not go over well with the ranks.  So that's been fun.

Then last night Juli and I watched a movie together.  She had seen this movie with a friend at college, really enjoyed it, and hoped to share it with some of us.  It is actually a French movie, so I half listened/half followed along with the English subtitles (when they were talking too fast).  We had a really enjoyable evening!  It's not something I would want to do very often, but every once in awhile it can be a good thing.  Cat really enjoyed it, too -- that was when I let her on my lap.  :-)

It's amazing how fast the time has been flying, though.  I can't believe it's already Thursday, and they are scheduled to come back tomorrow!  I'll have to readjust to having them all back; as much as I love them all, it's certainly been different around here without them. 

One last thing before they all get back -- tonight we are going to check out a restaurant that has sounded interesting to us for a long time -- The Melting Pot.  It is a fondue restaurant, where you can get your whole meal prepared fondue-style!  I don't think we'll do a whole meal, but we'll see what happens when we get there.

Overall, I think we've been having too much fun.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love these sorts of posts. It must be so exciting in your busy home!
    I am praying for you, my friend.

    Love,

    Elena

    ReplyDelete