I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Two happenings in June
A lot more than two things happened in June, of course, but tonight I am only going to blog about two of them. :-)
One of my friends sent me a link to a recipe that she thought I might like to try, because it was in French and English. It was actually a gluten-free recipe, with directions on how to use regular flour if you aren't restricted from it. So I figured I'd see what it was like... and of course I used the one written in French! It was an Apricot-Almond Tart. Here they are, before going in the oven.
Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed with how they ended up. I mixed the crust the wrong way, so it did not behave at all. As the recipe didn't specify what size of pan to use, I think I might have not used the proper ratio of depth to length. And I'm just not much of a dessert person... Oh well! I had a good time baking them, and they did seem to resemble a French dessert more than an American dessert (rich, but not because of sugar; it's hard to describe, but French desserts are just different).
I was trying to get creative with my photography, but I think this one (my afternoon snack, enjoyed with a cup of decaf coffee) turned out a little weird... :-}
Another "happening" in June is that we replaced our dishwasher. We are so blessed to have one of these marvelous machines! Our old one had been lapsing into carelessness about getting the dishes cleaned, so when God provided the resources Mama went out shopping. She knew two features that she wanted: a silverware tray with slots, like Grandmother's, to keep the silverware from bunching together; and a grinder/disposal at the bottom so any food still left on the dishes wouldn't get thrown around and stuck back on the dishes.
We had some issues installing it, but now it works wonderfully. Reagan got to help Daddy put it in. Here they are figuring out about all the pipes and wires, making sure that everything got connected correctly.
Is this the tool you wanted?
There's the hole where the old one came out...
And, voilà! The new one installed. It's funny how things reflect in its stainless steel front. :-)
One of my friends sent me a link to a recipe that she thought I might like to try, because it was in French and English. It was actually a gluten-free recipe, with directions on how to use regular flour if you aren't restricted from it. So I figured I'd see what it was like... and of course I used the one written in French! It was an Apricot-Almond Tart. Here they are, before going in the oven.
Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed with how they ended up. I mixed the crust the wrong way, so it did not behave at all. As the recipe didn't specify what size of pan to use, I think I might have not used the proper ratio of depth to length. And I'm just not much of a dessert person... Oh well! I had a good time baking them, and they did seem to resemble a French dessert more than an American dessert (rich, but not because of sugar; it's hard to describe, but French desserts are just different).
I was trying to get creative with my photography, but I think this one (my afternoon snack, enjoyed with a cup of decaf coffee) turned out a little weird... :-}
Another "happening" in June is that we replaced our dishwasher. We are so blessed to have one of these marvelous machines! Our old one had been lapsing into carelessness about getting the dishes cleaned, so when God provided the resources Mama went out shopping. She knew two features that she wanted: a silverware tray with slots, like Grandmother's, to keep the silverware from bunching together; and a grinder/disposal at the bottom so any food still left on the dishes wouldn't get thrown around and stuck back on the dishes.
We had some issues installing it, but now it works wonderfully. Reagan got to help Daddy put it in. Here they are figuring out about all the pipes and wires, making sure that everything got connected correctly.
Is this the tool you wanted?
There's the hole where the old one came out...
And, voilà! The new one installed. It's funny how things reflect in its stainless steel front. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay, new appliances are so nice and new!
ReplyDelete