April has been a very busy month. Laurie's theater class performed their version of Pilgrim's Progress on the weekend of the 15th and 16th, and I was privileged to be able to attend the dress rehearsal the night before and then the performance on Friday. I thought it was great! I didn't get any pictures of the actual performance, because I didn't want to distract anyone, so you'll just get to see pictures from the rehearsal. Not that you can tell the difference anyway. ;-)
Laurie starred as two characters: the giant's wife (in Doubting Castle) and Lady Envy (at Vanity Fair). She did a wonderful job!
Here she is as the giant's wife, waiting for him to come on scene.
After the giant caught his prisoners (Christian, Hopeful, and Faithful) he and his wife "went to sleep," only to be awakened by the sound of a key in the lock and the prisoners getting away. (This was not the "real" giant; he was not available for the rehearsal.)
As Lady Envy, she was selling scarves at Vanity Fair.
Then Faithful "stole" her wallet and a scarf, which brought about Faithful's trial.
Grandma and Granddad had come down to see the performance, and bought Laurie a beautiful bouquet of roses.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following Sunday Juli was determined to serve Tea on the back porch, to celebrate spring, although it was a little bit nippy. Once we got out there we all really enjoyed it!

No comments:
Post a Comment