I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Thursday, March 4, 2010

IBLP Conference

On Monday, February 15, I drove home from Martin's Mill.  As soon as I got there I rushed about to get re-packed, then headed off to San Antonio with Debra and Laurie.  We were signed up to attend Bill Gothard's Institute for Basic Life Principles conference.  The host church for this seminar was Leon Springs Baptist Church in Boerne, a small town south of San Antonio.  Though it was only about 2 hours away from our house, we decided to go ahead and rent a hotel room -- it would have been very stressful and draining to do all that driving every day.  On Monday through Thursday the sessions started at 7 o'clock PM and went to about 10 o'clock PM, then on Friday and Saturday the sessions lasted all day. 
Daddy is blessed to be able to work from home many days of the week, so he just took his laptop and pounded away at the keyboard in the hotel room.  Debra and Laurie took their school work, and I had plenty to keep me busy as well.  I had the privilege of helping Laurie with her math and biology!

Debra spent quite a bit of time focusing on her research paper.

Life in a hotel room is so hard ("sharing" ice cream from Rudy's).... 

I was very blessed by all the teachings of the conference.  I attended one 5 years ago, but although some of the material was familiar it seemed as if I was learning it all over again!
On Saturday we were treated to a performance by the children who had participated in the Children's Institute.  The three little kindergarteners sang us a song about a squirrel (the animal representing the character quality of truth).

Then the Children's Quest sang a couple of songs and recited Psalm 1.

During one of the breaks Debra and Laurie happened to meander around to the back of the building.  To their surprise, they found a "nature reserve!"  It was evidently a nursing home facility, which housed a rainy season pond and many ducks.  It was lovely to get out into the fresh air and take some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment